The “Common Sense”
On top of the extensive composite material warranties offered by the manufacturers, Andy Loschiavo Custom Decks offers a “common sense” limited warranty on installation and workmanship. We stand by the job we do but purchaser abuse and neglect or “Acts of God” will void the warranties. Once your deck is completed you can expect the following warranties concerning materials and installation:
- Visual inspection of the deck with the purchaser at any time within the one (1) year of the initial installation.
- Replacement and correction of any and all items related to defective installation within one (1) year of the installation.
- Five (5) year structural warranty
- Azek: 30-year limited warranty
- Timber Tek: 30-year limited warranty
- Trex: 25-year limited warranty
- Treated Lumber: Limited lifetime warranty *
- Arabian Aluminum Railing: lifetime warranty
- Summit Home Products: lifetime warranty
ALCD will facilitate discussions with the purchaser and manufacturer to bring any issues to a swift resolution. All manufacturer warranties are passed to purchaser. Click on a manufacturer’s name to link to their site.
* Note on treated lumber: Wood decks are constructed with pressure treated lumber. Changes in color or fading are to be expected. You should periodically seal your deck to prolong its life.
Although treated lumber is widely preferred throughout the industry for out door use, it has some inherent characteristics worth noting. Since it has been treated under extreme pressure, treated lumber will begin to check or crack as it dries out from exposure to weather. This should not be cause for alarm. Treated lumber is also susceptible to warping and cupping, but it will not affect the structural integrity of the deck.
In addition, deck nails may pop up due to expansion and contraction of materials. If this occurs, simply nail them back in place. You may elect to have the boards “screwed down” at a slightly higher cost in order to avoid this problem. This is our preferred method of installation.